Sunday, September 16, 2012

Teaching

So this fall I am teaching classes again at a University. It all happened kind of fast, I had been looking for a part time job and randomly e-mailed to see if they still had any need for professors for their Freshman class. It feels good to be back in the education realm, and I get to randomly run into people I know who still work at the school. But this also means a few very long days and a lot of driving. My classes are at 7:50am and 10am which means I have to leave the house around 6:50am to get to the school before 7:50...it is a 45 min drive. I also sometimes take work out clothes and shower materials so I can work out and then get ready to go to my counseling job.

These last couple weeks have been very busy as I am getting use to not being home as much and doing lesson plans...and as it was so last minute I haven't had as much time to prepare for the class. At this point I have gotten into a better routine and Dan and I are really thankful that I am able to have this job. Thankfully our car gets good gas mileage and Dan is understanding when I don't want to take long car trips on the weekend :) or if we do go somewhere he is fine with driving.

No comments: