Sunday, July 01, 2012

Camping

Because Dan and I were up in Michigan for ther funeral we thought it would be a good time to stay for the weekend and try to spend more time with my sister Michelle and her family. We haven't really had a chance to spend as much time with them lately. They were planning on going camping with their small group from church and asked us if we wanted to come camping as well. So we packed up our tent and went with them. We had a great time! We enjoyed getting to know different people from their small group, watch the kids play in the lake, play games, and sit around a camp fire ( we have a no burn rule in Indiana right now, 2 months of no rain!)

Titus getting stuck in a mud puddle

Damaris with her broken arm at the beach

Schoole Center Lake

Dan playing on the playground

Dan and Titus

 On the last night there a group of guys went down to the ball field to hit and I went down to watch them, plus some of the kids wanted to hit and Titus needed an adult to go with him. After some of the kids hit they asked me if I wanted to hit. After I hit a few softballs someone suggested pitching baseballs to me. The guy pitching to me had been doing a good job and I went along with it knowing I probibly wouldn't be hitting any of them regardless. Well one of the pitches came at me and I moved my left leg out of the way but didn't realize my right legs was still in the ball's path. The result is quite the nice shiner on my leg. The guy pitching felt awful and appologized 3 times to me. It is no big deal, I have gotten hurt playing sports before and I'm sure I'll get hurt again.
The ball hit in the center were it is more white and red...I broke quite a few blood vessles :)

2 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

Great pictures!!! Yes, that does look super painful. He asked again how you were doing yesterday. I know he felt bad! I told him almost exactly what you put here :)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Awww...this bruise reminds me of when I first met you! Jen :)