Dan's sister and her husband decided to decorate part of their daughter's rooms with art from family members...so for their first little girl everyone got a wooden butterfly and for their second girl we got flowers. It is so adorable to see them mounted on the wall and such a cute idea. I did not get to do a butterfly because Dan and I didn't even know each other at the time. But with baby number two I got to shake the dust off my creativity.
With my plain white flower in mind I started thinking about what I wanted to do. Plus as people turn their flowers back in we all get pictures of them. I am not really sure how I got the idea but decided on putting the meaning of her name on the flower. Than Dan and I headed to Michael's to see what inspiration we could conjure up. Slowly colors and idea's started to emerge and we ended up leaving with lots of fun things to use.
 |
| General lay out idea |
With my lay out in mind I knew I wanted to paint my flower to add some texture. I haven't painted in a long time and think I might start doing more of it. I already draw in my journal...why not add painting?
 |
| Blue and Green watercolors |
Next I used the sparkling letters to spell out Captivating (the meaning of Rebecca) and made some adjustments to how I was going to lay out the birds and buttons.
I used some glue to attach the buttons and the birds already had a sticky side. My last move might be to add some sealer to the top but after everything dried it seems well secured on. Here are a couple pictures of the final flower :) I love how it turned out.

Now I just need to get pictures of Dan's flower when he is done. I am excited to see it, he has a really good idea.
1 comment:
That is SOOOOOOO cute. I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Michelle
Post a Comment